lundi 6 mai 2024

Using Rebol3 for image and movie processing

As I'm eagerly awaiting a 64-bit version of Red that could be used with Apple's new processors (m1 and m2), I've gone back to Rebol 3 and in particular the superb version maintained by Oldes that you can find here: https://github.com/Oldes/Rebol3/releases

Oldes has also written a fabulous extension for Rebol3 that allows you to use the latest versions of OpenCV: https://github.com/Oldes/Rebol-OpenCV.

Admittedly, the extension isn't yet complete, but it's already capable of good image processing and easy management of video streams.

My idea is to make available to everyone a few code examples that illustrate the power of Rebol3 and OpenCV. 

Thanks again to Oldes for his hard work. 

1 commentaire:

  1. Hi François! Good to see you're still pushing for OpenCV support! I've got my hands on a Mac M2 and we are working hard to get things moving fast again. We're doing preparations work on the current toolchain and runtime library for the 64-bit Red version. I'll tell you more next time we meet! Until then, take care!

    RépondreSupprimer